Self Managing HMO's Maintenance Issues
Do you self manage your HMO's?
How do you manage maintenance issues?
Ensuring that maintenance issues are dealt with promptly and efficiently is a major part of our role as good landlords.
However, I don't expect you to be carrying a box of tools and tricks around with you, and doing any DIY. Landlords need to implement effective systems to manage their maintenance.
Our system is brilliantly simple.
- We have a 'Bat' phone (as in pass the baton) - which is our maintenance only line. This number is advertised in every house for tenants to report lock outs and other maintenance issues to.
- We have contracted a general maintenance engineer (self employed) to respond to all general maintenance issues. In most areas of the country you will find a maintenance company who can do property repairs and renewals.
- The 'Bat' phone is passed to this maintenance engineer, who has been tasked by us to answer and respond to the jobs. The engineer gets an 'on call' allowance for holding the phone, even if he gets zero jobs. All work is carried out on an agreed hourly rate. Any major expenses have to be pre-authorised by us.
- Our engineer goes on holiday and the phone is passed back to us to manage and stack jobs / deal with emergencies or goes to another engineer.
- Then use your time to find more property deals to increase your property portfolio - then you are no longer a landlord and you become a property investor.
Remember the mnemonic for SYSTEM 'system = Save Your Self Time Energy & Money.
Want to learn about investing in Property / HMOs?
The VIP Property Academy is a high net worth and property cashflow community, where you will find lots of people who will support, and share with you great investing tips! It really is the best place to learn about investing in property & HMOs at your own pace. This monthly subscription covers everything you will need to know in order to start investing in Property & HMOs. CLICK HERE to find out more and to subscribe for a fixed price of £29.95 when using coupon code 'VIP75'
Join us on one of our courses or phone the office on 01684 368468 to find out if property is for you.
LEAVE your details for a FREE copy of my book '45 Ways To Buy Property!'
We will send you an E-Book to your inbox, now!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.